Papers that use a lot of old-fashioned algebra to solve a problem. Sometimes the most entertaining algebra is in an appendix.
- (2013) Eric Mjolsness. Time-ordered product expansions for computational stochastic systems biology. Physical Biology 10 035009, 2013. [Journal paper, open access.]
- (2012) David Orendorff and Eric Mjolsness. A hierarchical exact accelerated stochastic simulation algorithm, Journal of Chemical Physics 137, 214104, December 2012. DOI: 10.1063/1.4766353 ; arXiv:1212.4080. [Journal Paper | Technical Report]
- (2009) Mjolsness E, Orendorff D, Chatelain P, Koumoutsakos P. An Exact Accelerated Stochastic Simulation Algorithm, Journal of Chemical Physics 130:144110, 2009. Technical Report UCI-ICS 08-09 [Journal paper | View paper at publisher’s web site |Technical report ]
- (1998) A Lagrangian formulation of neural networks I: Theory and analog dynamics. , Eric Mjolsness and Willard L. Miranker,
Neural, Parallel and Scientific Computations vol 6 no. 3, pp. 297-336, 1998.
[Preprint: I] [ Scanned journal PDF – 13MB ]
- (1997) Symbolic Neural Networks Derived from Stochastic Grammar Domain Models. Eric Mjolsness, in Connectionist Symbolic Integration , eds. R. Sun and F. Alexandre, Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, 1997. [ Preprint ]
- (1991) A connectionist model of development. Mjolsness E, Sharp DH, Reinitz J. , Journal of Theoretical Biology 152: 429-453. [ Abstract | Paper ]