Prof. Mjolsness has supervised the following PhD theses (except his own at the end):
- (2012) David Orendorff, “Exact and Hierarchical Reaction Leaping: Asymptotic Improvements to the
Stochastic Simulation Algorithm”. PhD thesis, UC Irvine, June 2012.
[ Thesis web site. Links to software: ERleap, hierleap.]
- (2012) Behnam Compani-Tabrizi, “Schematic Representation and Database Population Strategies for
Sigmoid, a Biochemical Network Modeling System”. PhD thesis, UC Irvine, May 2012. [Thesis web site.]
- (2012) Gary Todd Johnson, “Dependency Diagrams and Graph-Constrained Correlation Dynamics:
New Systems for Probabilistic Graphical Modeling”, UC Irvine, March 2012.
[Thesis web site . Links to thesis and to software: dependency diagrams and graph-constrained correlation dynamics.]
- (2009) Guy Yosiphon, Stochastic Parameterized Grammars: Formalization, Inference, and Modeling Applications ,
June 2009. [ Guy Yosiphon | Thesis web site ]
- (2008) Li Zhang, Dynamic Biological Signal Pathway Modeling and Parameter Estimation through Optimization ,
- (2005) Tarek Najdi, Biological Analysis and Mathematical Modeling of Glucose Metabolism and the
Aspartate and Pyruvate Family Amino Acid Biosyntheses in Escherichia coli K12 ,
jointly supervised with Prof. Wesley Hatfield, UC Irvine, March 2008.
- (2005) Christopher Hart, Inferring genetic regulatory network structure: Integrative analysis of genome-scale data ,
jointly supervised with Prof. Barbara Wold, California Institute of Technology, March 2005.
- (1997) Dimitris Tsioutsias, Multiscale attention as a globally convergent framework for
large-scale nonlinear optimization, Yale University, May 1997.
- (1997) Georgios Marnellos, Gene network models applied development and evolution, Yale University, May 1997.
- (1996) Steven Gold, Matching and learning structural and spatial representations with neural networks,
Yale University, May 1996 .
- (1996) Chien-Ping Lu, Online pose estimation and model matching, Yale University, May 1996.
- (1985) Eric Mjolsness, Neural Networks, Pattern Recognition, and Fingerprint Hallucination.
Thesis advisor: John J. Hopfield, September 1985. [Mjolsness Thesis]